IRMS in NJ’s Dr. Debbra Keegan on an LIG Mission trip
Our very own Dr. Debbra Keegan on her 3rd mission trip with LIG Global Foundation. She is in Mao, Dominican Republic performing surgeries for the week with the LIG medical team.
IRMS NJ’s Dr. Debbra Keegan with LIG Global colleagues in Mao, Dominican Republic.
LIG Global Mission goals are to
- Provide help and proper health care to as many under privileged people as possible.
- Safely perform surgeries in the specialty areas of: OB/GYN, plastic surgery, general surgery, orthopedic surgery, podiatry/wound care.
- Test out innovative, customized, electronic tools to aid in the rapid triage, assessment and treatment of patients in rural settings.
Their Community Outreach focuses on
- Education of adults and children in personal hygiene, dental hygiene, cholera prevention, diabetes care, blood pressure control.
- Distribution of educational supplies and toys to local school children.
- Live data collection and daily reporting to the field team.
- The distribution of chronic long-term medications and short-term medications needed for acute illnesses.
- The set-up and running of a full-fledged pharmacy with medication dispensing and patient-education.
This is the beginning of a busy summer for IRMS physicians working with LIG Global. In July Dr. Natalie Cekleniak and Director of Marketing, Cindy Lucus, will be heading to the Blackfeet Indian Reservation in Browning, Montana. Lots more great work to come!!